It’s finally here! The Fall season. A time for falling leaves, autumn breeze, and everything pumpkin spice. When you’re looking for your pumpkin spice fix, look to Chefs’ Toys to bring you the ultimate homemade pumpkin spice by using a few spices you probably already have in your kitchen.
Toys Used to Make Homemade Pumpkin Spice
If you want to prep, cook, or bake like the pros, you’ll need the right equipment that you can rely on to get the job done. Get what you’ll need to make the perfect homemade pumpkin spice at Chefs’ Toys. Here’s what we used:
As chefs, we know the importance of freshness. We highly recommend using a spice grinder to achieve spices that last longer and taste better.
Homemade Pumpkin Spice Recipe
This homemade pumpkin spice is as easy as pumpkin pie. Here are all the ingredients you’ll need:
- Ground Cinnamon – 3 parts
- Ground Nutmeg – 2 parts
- Ground Ginger – 2 parts
- Ground Cloves – 1 part
- Ground Allspice – 1 part
You can use this recipe for smaller pumpkin spice recipes – like a pumpkin spice latte – or multiply this recipe to your desired amount. Once you know how much pumpkin spice to use, grab that mixing bowl and whisk we talked about earlier to mix your pumpkin spice blend.
Ways to Use Pumpkin Pie Spice
Now that you have your homemade pumpkin spice recipe, what will you use it on? There are many pumpkin spice recipes to enjoy, but here’s what we think you’ll fall for.
Pumpkin Spice Lattes
Pumpkin Spice Lattes, aka PSL, is often referred to as “fall in a cup” – they’re not wrong. When you just can’t get enough autumn, use your fresh homemade pumpkin spice, coffee, milk, pumpkin puree, syrup, and sugar to whip up fall in a cup.
- Heat up 16 oz. of milk, 2 tbsp of pumpkin puree, and 1 tbsp of syrup of choice in a saucepan until almost simmering but not boiling
- TIP: Use this electric milk frother to upgrade your homemade pumpkin spice latte to cafe-quality.
- Add pumpkin milk mixture to 8 oz of freshly brewed coffee
- Add sugar to taste & enjoy!
Pumpkin pie is a fall favorite to most autumn-goers. This smooth, sweet, and creamy pumpkin pie is one of the best ways to use pumpkin spice. All you’ll need is pumpkin, sweetened condensed milk, your homemade pumpkin spice, salt, and an unbaked pie crust.
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Grab a mixing bowl and whisk to mix 15 oz of pumpkin, 14 oz of sweetened condensed milk, 2 tsp of your pumpkinpie spice, and ½ tsp of salt.
- Pour mixture over a 9-inch unbaked pie crust and bake for 15 minutes.
- TIP: Have your own pie crust recipe? Use one of these pie pans for your pie crust.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350°F and bake for 35 minutes and toothpick test the center of your pie before removing it from the oven. Let cool & enjoy!
Out of all the many ways to use pumpkin pie spice, making homemade pumpkin spice bread definitely takes the cake… err pie? How to make an amazing homemade pumpkin bread is simple. You’ll need butter, flour, sugar, oil, eggs, water, pumpkin puree, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and – of course – your homemade pumpkin spice.
- Preheat oven to 350°F and butter a 9 inch by 5-inch loaf pan.
- Mix in a bowl 1 ½ cups of sugar and ½ cup of vegetable oil then mix in 2 eggs and 8 oz of pumpkin puree.
- Get another bowl to mix 1 ¾ cups of flour, 1 tsp of salt, 1 tsp baking soda, 1 tsp of baking powder, and 2 tsp of your homemade pumpkin spice. Add this blend to the pumpkin mixture.
- Add to loaf pan and place in the oven for 1 hour. Get a cooling rack and let your loaf cool and enjoy!
Now that you know all the ways to use pumpkin pie spice, get the right supplies! At Chefs’ Toys, we’ve got what you need for cooking, baking, and grilling – from scratch to serve!